Connect to Cloud Storage¶
The Xi Frame platform allows users to connect their cloud storage provider accounts such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box to their Frame session. Once you start a session, each cloud service that you have connected will be mounted and become visible from inside your apps as a new network drive. There are two methods to connect to cloud storage from your Xi Frame account. We will outline the steps below.
Once you have connected your Frame account to Dropbox or Google Drive, it will automatically reconnect anytime you sign in, unless you deliberately disconnect before logging out. With Box, you must sign in on each session due to Box’s security access model.
Connect through My Profile¶
- First, click on the profile icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click on your name listed below the “My Profile” heading.
- On the “My Profile” page, click on the “Storage providers” tab. Click the plus symbol listed next to your desired storage provider. For this example, we’ll connect to Google Drive.
- You will be prompted to sign into your cloud storage provider account.
- Once connected, the plus symbol will be replaced with a minus symbol. You can click on the minus symbol at any time to disconnect your cloud storage.
- Your Frame session will now launch with your cloud storage account already connected. You can access your cloud storage by opening your file explorer within your session.
Connect through the Frame Session¶
- You can also connect your cloud storage account to your Frame account from within the session. First, click on the grayed-out cloud storage provider icon in the Frame status bar. A dialog will appear – click “Connect.”
- A window will appear prompting you for your cloud storage account credentials.
- The icon in the Frame status bar will blink while connecting. It will remain solid once connected.
- You can disconnect from within the session at any time by clicking on the cloud storage icon and selecting “Disconnect [Cloud Storage Provider].”
- When disconnecting, you will be asked to confirm your choice.