Xi Frame Platform Changelog¶
v2.18.0 (May 7, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.6.1¶
- Improvement: Disk size is now configured with a slider upon account creation.
Frame Gateway v3.8.8¶
- Resolved an issue with AWS-based accounts where Sandboxes could not successfully clone across regions.
v2.15.0 (May 3, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.5.8¶
- New Early Access Feature: Google Cloud Platform now available as a cloud provider.
- Resolved an issue where Enterprise Profiles feature was available on non-domain-joined Azure accounts.
Frame Gateway v3.7.0¶
- Added back-end support for Google Cloud Platform.
v2.14.0 (Apr 25, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.12.0¶
- Resolved an issue where the video decoder could freeze after switching tabs.
- Resolved an issue where the gear menu would sometimes not populate on the status bar when launching a session.
- Resolved an issue where touch input would not register in normal mouse mode on touch devices.
- Resolved an issue where some text would not populate in the dialog box that appeared before session close.
Frame UI v2.5.7¶
- Analytics page in Dashboard now displays total disk volume usage and disk volume usage per day.
- Personal Drives now available to Azure-based accounts.
- Enterprise profiles now available to Azure-based accounts as an Early Access feature.
- Decreased complexity for capacity management of Early Access feature Persistent Desktop. More changes here are likely.
v2.13.0 (Apr 22, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.5.4¶
- Admin console now displays when a customer account is being canceled or is in the process of canceling.
- General UI improvements for the Analytics page in Dashboard.
- Analytics page in Dashboard now allows admins to filter usage hours by instance type.
- Improved messaging when an account admin tries to start a session on Utility or Sandbox instances, but another user already has a session.
- When creating an account, the UI will no longer display a drop down list for cloud accounts if there is only one cloud account to choose from.
- Admins can now disable autogrow settings for volume capacity from the “Volumes” page in Dashboard.
- Improved validation for account creation.
- Improved messaging for billing status of an account on Dashboard and Launchpad interfaces.
- Added the ability to specify, when cloning a Sandbox or Utility server, that it should be joined to the domain configured for the destination account.
- Resolved an issue where, when hovering over an info icon, the info button object name would appear and obstruct the view of the information displayed.
- Resolved an issue where the UI would not accurately reflect on Launchpad when a system was out of capacity.
- Resolved an issue where administrators would get an error when attempting to switch to “Accounts” list in the Admin console.
- Resolved an issue where the most recently visited Launchpad would not appear in the list when navigating Launchpads.
- Resolved an issue where terminated accounts were selectable when assigning roles to users through the “Users” interface.
Frame Gateway v3.6.7¶
- Resolved an issue where servers would sometimes not fully terminate on Frame back end.
- Resolved an issue where users authenticating to a domain were not given proper user permissions.
v2.12.0 (Apr 15, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.5.3¶
- Dashboard now informs customers when and why their cloud service is unavailable.
- Administrators without edit permissions can now see the contents of the “Security” page of a given entity, but cannot edit them.
- Resolved a race condition where a user could try to reconnect to a session too quickly after a disconnect, causing an error.
- Resolved an issue where some admins had permissions to terminate customer entities when they were not supposed to.
- Resolved an issue where the option to “Start Sandbox” was still displayed while the Sandbox was running.
Frame Server 7.7.10¶
- Resolved an issue which could cause excessively long instance starts.
- Resolved an issue where Personal Drives would not attach if the instance was not domain joined.
v2.11.0 (Apr 9, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.11.0¶
- Resolved an issue that could sometimes prevent users from being able to close or disconnect their sessions.
Frame UI v2.5.1¶
- Improved messaging for cloud service account status.
- General UI improvements.
- “Add Account” button is now available to administrators when looking at terminated accounts through “Terminated” filter view.
- Added text compression when pasting text into a Frame session.
New Early Access Feature: We’ve implemented the first stage of Personal Drives, which allows an account administrator to configure automatic per-user persistent storage! To check out the new feature, navigate to the new “Personal drives” tab in the Settings menu of your account Dashboard. Click here to learn more about Early Access Features.
- Resolved an issue where users could not successfully switch sessions between accounts.
Frame Server v7.7.8¶
- Resolved an issue where custom shortcut icons were not used when onboarding applications through terminal.
- Resolved an issue where a server could get stuck upgrading Frame components
- Resolved an issue with domain joined instances where the resolution would not update correctly when the window was resized.
- Resolved an issue which could result in a session not reaching its configured maximum frame rate.
- Resolved an issue where selecting “Ctrl + Alt + Del” from the gear menu in a session would result in a server error.
- Resolved an issue which could cause sessions to display in the top left corner of the browser window on larger displays.
- Resolved an issue with domain joined instances where publishes would hang.
- Resolved an issue with domain joined instances where desktop sessions would launch without taskbar and desktop icons.
v2.10.0 (Mar 30, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.10.8¶
- Resolved an issue with domain joined instances where the session would sometimes display an error when a user attempted to login or disconnect.
Frame UI v2.4.22¶
- Users can now highlight and copy entity names from Breadcrumb list at the top of the account.
- Updated verbiage in Analytics Disk Usage tab to be clearer.
- Resolved an issue where Limited Customer Admins could promote themselves to Customer Admins.
- Resolved an issue where Authorized Nutanix Personnel would sometimes not receive a validation email.
- Resolved an issue which would cause Launchpad selection screen animations to render poorly on screens with 2k+ resolutions.
- Resolved an issue which would cause terminated account Dashboards to still be accessible from the accounts list on the Frame Admin page.
- Resolved an issue where timestamps on the Audit page in Dashboard were set to an incorrect timezone.
Hotfix (Mar 27, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.10.6¶
- Resolved an issue where, if our primary video decode mechanism failed, our secondary fallback decoder could not be initiated. This would result in a gray screen instead of a desktop / app.
- Resolved an issue where our primary video decoder would crash on initialization and fail to recover.
- Resolved an issue where checking the “Do not show again” option on the session disconnect warning would not apply.
Frame UI v2.4.18¶
- Resolved an issue which could cause account creation to fail.
v2.9.0 (Mar 21, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.10.3¶
- Improved keyboard input handling and Unicode support.
- Improved error reporting for Clipboard feature.
Frame UI v2.4.14¶
- “Organizations” search function now includes option to search by URL and Customer name.
- “Customers” search function now includes option to search by URL.
- Customer list can now be sorted by “Created on” date/time.
- Admins can now lock each set of authentication settings for all authentication integrations listed under Security > Authentication at each platform tier by using the “Enforce” toggle.
- Administrators can now select desired datacenters during the Cloud Account creation process.
- Persistent desktop accounts now display the max number of users when applicable.
- Updated favicon for https://frame.nutanix.com/.
- Custom backgrounds can now be made available to all Launchpads within a given account once uploaded by a user.
- Improved validation for Domain Join setup on Frame.
- When adding a SAML2 provider, Frame now notifies the admin if the application ID is not unique to the platform.
- Automated system emails have been changed to allow them to bypass spam filters.
- Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause cloud account creation to become “stuck” during account validation.
- Resolved an issue where admins were unable to save capacity settings from the Dashboard.
- Resolved an issue which prevented admins from being able to successfully deactivate their cloud account.
Frame Gateway v3.2.4¶
- Added field validation for Domain Join form.
- Improved handling of invalid credentials for BYO Azure setup.
Frame Server v7.7.4¶
- Resolved an issue which would sometimes cause Frame Server to crash on Pro 122GB system types.
- Resolved an issue that could cause graphical artifacts in a session.
- Resolved an issue where the “Download Now” and “Uploads” folders were missing from the quick access menu in Windows Server 2016 base images.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent some domain joined sessions from starting.
Hotfix (Mar 12, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.4.11¶
- Resolved an issue that prevented admins from being able to deactivate cloud accounts.
v2.8.7 (Mar 8, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.4.10¶
- Time is displayed with timezone instead of GMT offset time.
- Audit Trail section on the Activity page now displays information in columns which can be sorted.
- New “Filter by Activity” button is available on the Audit Trail section on the Activity page, as well as a search bar.
- Advanced Optimizations under Session Settings are now grayed out when an account is in use.
- “Early Access” indicator UI improvements.
- Resolved an issue where usage analytics were not being displayed correctly.
- Resolved an issue where BYO Cloud account creation could get stuck in the validation phase.
Frame Gateway v2.6.38¶
- Improvement: provisioning of some resources to Azure datacenters when creating an account will now run in parallel, increasing provisioning speed.
- Resolved an issue which could cause a failed Publish to become “stuck.”
v2.8.0 (Feb 28, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.8.2¶
- Improvement: Changed clipboard sync method to improve reliability when copying or pasting large amounts of text.
Frame UI v2.4.4¶
New Early Access Feature: Persistent Desktops.
Early Access (EA) features now marked with a badge.
Status page in Dashboard now displays “In Session” when a server is in use.
Admins can now search by URL slug and customer name on the Admin page.
Clicking on a customer or organization entity in the Admin page now displays the list of associated sub entities.
Admin UI Improvements:
- Clicking on a customer/organization entity title now displays sub entities.
- Clicking on an account entity title takes the admin to the account Dashboard.
- New “Edit” button takes the user to the current account/organization/customer properties page.
- Removed “View accounts”, “View organizations”, “Go to Dashboard” buttons and replaced with “Edit” button listed above.
- Added additional filters to Accounts lists.
- Publish button is now separate from “Power On” button on the Sandbox/Utility Server console in Dashboard.
- Sandbox now displays a message indicating when it is in the middle of a publish.
If a cloud provider cannot be removed because Frame accounts still exist that use this cloud provider, those accounts are now listed when an admin attempts to deactivate that cloud provider.
Improved messaging for SAML2 setup process.
Added easy-access links to Frame support and product documentation to Admin and Dashboard interfaces.
- Resolved an issue which prevented admins from reusing account names after the account was retired.
- Resolved an issue with SAML2 authentication where sometimes the “Always allow access” option was not working.
- Resolved an issue where capacity values could be displayed with old data.
Frame Gateway v2.6.33¶
- Improvement: Associated accounts must be retired before any cloud service accounts can be deactivated on the platform to prevent unintentional vendor issues.
- Resolved an issue on Azure which could result in instances being stuck in maintenance.
- Resolved an issue on Azure where sessions would fail to close during system backup.
- Resolved a rare race condition during instance start that could cause it to get stuck when processing server upgrades.
Frame Server v7.5.14¶
- Improvement: Improved pen input functionality.
v2.7.1 (Feb 21, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.8.1¶
- Improvement: Increased maximum bitrate to 32MBps for high-bandwidth networks.
Frame UI v2.4.0¶
- Resolved an issue where account creation would fail if data was entered into both Custom VPC and Private VPC fields.
- Resolved an issue which caused Utility Servers to remain visible in the UI after being terminated.
- Resolved an issue that could cause excessive page updates.
- Improvement: Friendlier URLs.
Frame Gateway v2.6.22¶
- Resolved a race condition on account creation which could cause a sandbox to never become available.
- Resolved an issue when publishing an account that is joined to a domain which could cause production instances to fail to join the domain correctly.
- Resolved an issue which could cause the maximum, minimum, and buffer on the “Capacity” section of the Dashboard to be incorrectly reported.
- Resolved a rare condition where, if an instance is rebooted prior to obtaining an IP, it fails to be registered to DNS on next boot.
v2.7.0 (Feb 14, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.8.0¶
- Resolved an issue which would prevent a session from closing properly when clipboard sync was disabled.
Frame UI v2.3.7¶
- Improvement: Removed unsupported options from the UI when an account is using Linux.
- Resolved an issue where SAML rules would remain on an account after a SAML provider was deleted.
- Resolved an issue which prevented security settings on the “Authentication” tab in Dashboard from saving properly.
- Resolved an issue where scheduled capacity settings were not following the time zone set for the account.
Frame Server 7.5.10¶
- Resolved an issue which could cause a session to fail to close properly in a reasonable timeframe.
v2.6.6 (Feb 8, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.3.5¶
- Improvement: Admins can now set advanced protocol optimizations for individual Launchpads, Sandboxes, and Utility Servers.
- Improvement: Users can now create app folders in their Quick Launch Launchpad.
- Resolved an issue which allowed users to set capacity limits to impossible values.
- Resolved an issue which would prevent account name changes from registering system-wide.
- Resolved a communication issue between Frame components which would cause the minimum number of instances to display incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue which caused SAML rules to remain after deleting the associated SAML provider from the Frame Platform.
- Resolved a verification issue which prevented the system from registering BYO AWS Account IDs correctly.
- Resolved an issue where account/organization/customer names would not properly sort by URL.
Frame Gateway 2.6.4¶
- Reolved a possible authentication issue if the enduser was accessing the login page from a bookmark.
Frame Server 7.5.6¶
Note: Frame Server 7.5.6 was deployed 2/7/19
- Improvement: Optimization of Frame Server CPU usage when hosting CPU-intensive applications.
- Improvement: Better buffer management when a session is streaming using h.264.
- Improvement: Improved error handling for instance boot process.
- Improvement: Improved error handling.
- Resolved an issue which could cause two cursors to appear when session scaling was above 100%.
v2.6.5 (Feb 1, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.7.0¶
- New Feature: Advanced protocol optimizations allows Frame admins to set optimizations that override session settings when specified conditions are met.
- Resolved an issue that could cause streaming to appear to freeze in some sessions.
- Resolved a UI issue which could occur when long-pressing keys on MacOS.
- Resolved an issue where modal dialogs would sometimes overlap.
Frame UI v2.3.2¶
- New Feature: “Quick Launch” allows users to create their own custom Launchpads.
- Improvement: Utility Servers now display internal IP on Dashboard.
- Resolved an issue which was preventing columns in the Admin page from sorting alphabetically.
- Resolved an issue that could occur if an account admin tried to update account information with an invalid URL.
- Resolved an issue where, when granting support access to Nutanix staff, emails were case-sensitive.
- Resolved an issue where, when viewing retired accounts, the “Active” button still appeared to be selected.
v2.6.4 (Jan 24, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.2.0¶
- General UI Improvements.
- Sandbox menu no longer displays while the Sandbox is in maintenance.
- Resolved an issue which would sometimes cause the system to retain more Sandbox/Utility Server backups than specified.
- Resolved an issue where a user could reset their account password before setting it, causing the account to be in an unusable state.
v2.6.3 (Jan 17, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.6.0¶
- Terminal sessions now launch with compatible resolution for the end user’s monitor.
Frame UI v2.1.53¶
- Improvement: General tooltip improvements for most self-service components.
- General UI improvements.
- Resolved an issue with Launchpad application icons which could cause folders to duplicate.
- Resolved rendering issues that were specific to Internet Explorer 11.
Frame Gateway v2.5.3¶
- Improvement: Increased support for some UNICODE characters in account names.
Frame Server v7.3.24¶
- Improvement: Improved handling of variable framerate output with Linux systems.
- Support for GPU-based encoding on Linux systems.
- Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause framerates to drop when viewing dynamic video content.
- Resolved an issue where audio artifacts (“clicking”) could be heard with some types of content.
- Resolved an issue which could cause sound to stop working if a session disconnected and was reconnected.
- Resolved an issue where sound was one frame out of sync with video when playing MP4 content.
- Resolved an issue which would prevent the on-screen keyboard from properly displaying in Windows Server 2016 instances.
- Resolved an issue on Linux which would sometimes cause right click to not register correctly.
v2.6.2 (Jan 10, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.1.50¶
- Admins can now authorize access to Microsoft OneDrive for Business from Dashboard.
- Admins can now upload custom background images for their Launchpads.
Frame Gateway v2.4.10¶
- Resolved an issue which prevented the system from properly identifying deleted backups.
- Resolved an issue which prevented publishes from rolling back successfully on Azure.