Xi Frame Platform Changelog¶
v2.37.0 (Sept 6, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.8.60¶
- Improvement: Administrators can now access the Audit Trail of an organization by clicking on the ellipsis listed next to the organization in the Admin view.
- Resolved an issue where Utility server creation would fail if the name of the Utility server was longer than 50 characters.
- Resolved an issue where Analytics would sometimes not display all data for a selected date range.
Frame Gateway v3.16.7¶
- Improvement: Better handling of certain failures when provisioning instances.
v2.36.0 (Aug 29, 2019)¶
Frame Gateway v3.16.3¶
- Improved messaging to the user when resource limits are exceeded in Azure-based accounts.
- Improved handling of network issues in AHV implementations.
- When a Cloud Account becomes inactive, associated accounts will be marked as retired and inactive.
- When provisioning instances on AHV, IP address depletion is now treated the same as other resource constraints.
- Resolved an issue with Azure where publishing or initiating a backup of a Sandbox while the Sandbox was on could cause issues with the Sandbox image.
- Resolved an issue with Frame on AHV where, if the Cloud Connector Appliance is turned off or becomes unresponsive at a certain point during configuration, it would cause some needed resources to never be created.
- Resolved an issue where an account admin could enter invalid values for session timeout fields.
Frame Server v7.13.1¶
- Resolved an issue where a session started with one browser could not always be resumed from a different browser (e.g. Start session with Chrome, resume session with Firefox).
- Resolved an issue where, if an app could not be started while already in a session, this could result in the user being disconnected incorrectly.
v2.34.0 (Aug 15, 2019)¶
- Frame on AHV: Increased consistency of VM orchestration when provisioning, starting, stopping, and terminating VMs.
- Frame on AHV: Resolved an issue where, in the event that communication with Prism Central timed out, it could cause the Cloud Account to become disabled in Frame and cease communicating. Frame will now continue to try to communicate with Prism Central until it becomes available.
v2.33.0 (Aug 8, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.8.44¶
- Improvement: Improved messaging for scenarios where a customer exceeds instance limits on a GCP-based account.
- Resolved an issue where activity logs would sometimes display the wrong timezone.
Frame Gateway v3.13.14¶
- Resolved a rare issue which could cause a production instance on Google Cloud Platform to reboot continuously.
- Resolved an issue which could, in specific circumstances, allow users to select an invalid disk size when creating an account or utility server, making the creation of the account / utility server fail.
- Resolved a rare condition where a user could issue a “Power on” instruction to a terminated instance which would never complete and would prevent further instructions from being processed.
v2.32.0 (Aug 1, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.8.39¶
- Improvement: Clarified language on the “Analytics” page of the Dashboard.
- Resolved an issue where a user could be randomly logged out of their Xi Frame account.
Frame Gateway v3.13.12¶
- Resolved an issue where terminating an instance that does not actually exist would never complete.
- Resolved an issue where creating an account while the Frame master image for that account type is being updated could cause the account to fail to finish creation.
Frame Server v7.12.4¶
- Improvement: Improved video encoding efficiency when “Best quality” is selected for Azure NV series and AWS G3 series instances.
- Resolved an issue where when an account was joined to a domain, a session launched in Application mode did not properly detect or manage the applications in the session.
- Resolved an issue where graphics driver conflicts could sometimes prevent sessions from starting.
- Resolved a false timeout issue when trying to connect to a domain joined instance.
v2.31.0 (Jul 25, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.8.38¶
New Early Access Feature! GCP-based accounts can now use Domain Joined Instances.
- General UI improvements.
- Improvements in how totals are displayed in Analytics at Customer and Organization levels.
- Google Cloud is now properly marked as Early Access.
- Resolved an issue where, when creating an account using Windows 10 on Azure, the interface would allow a user to select an invalid disk size.
Frame Gateway v3.13.6¶
- Resolved a race condition with Google Cloud that could potentially cause a Sandbox or Utility Server to become unreachable from the Dashboard.
- Resolved a rare issue where a user session could be closed without a close reason specified, which would result in the session failing to end properly.
- Improvement: Added the ability for a user to specify additional Google Cloud datacenters to support without having to create a new Google Cloud cloud provider.
Frame Server v7.12.1¶
- Resolved an issue with Linux-based accounts where the session would sometimes start with the Alt or Ctrl key being registered as pressed down.
v2.30.0 (Jul 18, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v3.0.0¶
- Improvement: Minor UI improvements to Xi Frame Terminal.
- Resolved an issue with Mozilla Firefox browsers where the loading screen for the Xi Frame session would not populate correctly.
Frame UI v2.8.34¶
- Improvement: Improved messaging for scenarios where a customer exceeds instance limits on a GCP-based account.
Frame Server v7.11.7¶
- Resolved an issue with launching applications via the gear menu in non-Desktop sessions.
- Resolved an issue with detecting correct DPI scaling.
- Resolved an issue which could cause a resolution change to fail on GPU backed instances that are also joined to a domain.
- Resolved an issue that could cause maximum resolution values for a session to be incorrect.
- Resolved an issue which could cause an instance to fail to complete a needed name change after being joined to a domain.
- Resolved an issue with the “Best Video Quality” setting in the Frame Terminal on Chrome which could cause visual artifacts.
v2.29.0 (Jul 12, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.19.0¶
- General UI Improvements.
- Significant changes to handling pen input from digital drawing tablets.
Frame UI v2.8.32¶
New Early Access Feature! Customers can now bring their own (BYO) Google Cloud Platform accounts to Xi Frame.
- Administrators can now manually attempt to establish a connection to their cloud account if the automatic process times out.
- Client-side error reporting has been significantly improved.
- Clarified some wording in Analytics
- Resolved an issue with the Audit Activity page in Dashboard where previous data would not load.
v2.28.0 (Jul 5, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.18.0¶
- Improvement: Implemented a new control channel to the Frame protocol to improve overall efficiency and reliability of file uploads.
Frame UI v2.8.29¶
- Support for Personal Drives, Enterprise Profiles, and Persistent Desktop accounts on Google Cloud Platform-based accounts.
- Further increased navigation speed between Dashboard, Launchpad, and Admin views.
Frame Gateway v3.12.2¶
- Improvement: When using Frame on AHV, improved logging in the Frame Workload Cloud Connector Appliance (WCCA) in cases where it has failed to start or connect.
- Resolved an issue that could occur when a volume attached to a Frame instance is manually deleted from the AWS console.
- Resolved an issue with Azure instances which could cause them to fail to be created or turned on.
Frame Authentication v2.0.7¶
- General compatibility improvements for Microsoft ADFS authentication integrations.
- Improved support for custom SAML2 claim names for email, first name, and last name.
- Added support for Azure AD default SAML2 claim for first name value.
Frame Server v7.11.1¶
- New Feature! 4k resolution is now supported on Azure-based NV-series instance types.
- Resolved an issue when publishing on Frame for AHV which could cause the image to be mis-configured during the sysprep steps.
- Resolved an issue which could cause Basic Profiles to fail to be exported correctly.
v2.27.0 (June 27, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.17.0¶
- New: Support for the MediaStream API is now implemented for Google Chrome. This decreases CPU usage on an end user’s local device for video decoding and can reduce latency cause by video decode time.
- Resolved an issue where enabling “Best video quality” or “Grayscale” toggles would not reflect in the terminal’s UI after closing the dialog.
Frame UI v2.8.17¶
- Improvement: Increased navigation speed between Dashboard, Launchpad, and Admin views.
Frame Server v7.9.6¶
- Resolved an issue where users could not disable “Best quality mode” while in the session after it was enabled.
- Resolved an issue on Azure with Domain Joined accounts which could cause publishing to never complete.
v2.26.0 (June 20, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.8.13¶
- Improvement: Desired Sandbox disk size can now be entered manually upon account creation.
- Resolved an issue where email addresses containing multiple periods would cause Test Drive and user invites to fail.
- Resolved an issue where users who attempted to navigate directly to a Dashboard’s URL would be redirected to an error page.
Frame Gateway v3.11.6¶
- Resolved an issue where turning off the Personal Drive feature without any provisioned drives would not work.
Hotfix (June 17, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.8.13¶
- Resolved an issue where the “Click Here to Get Started” link in the user invitation email was broken.
v2.25.0 (June 17, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.16.0¶
- Improved mouse and touch input functionality.
- Users can now enable “Best video quality” from their Frame session.
Frame UI v2.8.12¶
- Administrators using the built-in Frame IdP can now invite multiple users at once.
- Analytics data is now displayed in UTC.
- Timezone is now displayed on the Activity page of the Dashboard.
- Resolved an issue where email addresses with multiple periods would cause Test Drive and user invites to fail.
v2.24.0 (June 6, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.7.3¶
- Hovering over VM names now displays additional details about the system.
- Improved messaging when an admin attempts to upload a Launchpad background image that is too large.
v2.23.2 (June 4, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.7.4¶
- New Feature! Customers leveraging Azure-based Xi Frame accounts can now use Windows 10 RS5 images (requires customer to bring their own license).
v2.23.0 (May 30, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.7.3¶
- Resolved an issue where some users would be directed to inactive accounts when navigating between the Admin and “My Profile” pages.
- Resolved an issue where the “Analytics” page in Dashboard would sometimes display incorrect information regarding persistent desktops.
- Resolved an issue where cloning a Utility Server from one account to another could fail.
- Improvement: Improved messaging for scenarios where a customer exceeds instance limits on an AWS-based account.
Frame Gateway v3.11.0¶
- Domain Joined Azure-based accounts can now clone Sandbox and Utility Server images to other accounts.
- Frame accounts using AWS as the cloud provider are now created with data encryption at rest by default. All other cloud providers were already using data encrypted at rest as the default setting.
v2.22.0 (May 23, 2019)¶
Frame Gateway v3.9.10¶
- Resolved an issue where specifying a private VPC on AWS-based accounts would not work.
- Resolved an issue where Domain Joined Frame accounts could not successfully be configured with a private VPC.
v2.21.0 (May 21, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.6.7¶
New Feature! Desktop Auto Launch allows users to launch their desktop sessions immediately upon logging in, bypassing the Launchpad.
- Users are now redirected to login when trying to access an account that does not exist.
- Roles displayed on the “My Profile” page are now more descriptive.
- Improved error messaging when configuring cloud accounts.
Frame Gateway v3.9.2¶
- Increasing “Max users” on Persistent Desktop accounts no longer requires the admin to publish.
- Any new volumes provisioned on AWS-based accounts are encrypted by default.
- Resolved an issue with account creation where a Sandbox instance could provision before the virtual network creation was complete.
- Resolved an issue where some backend processes would not fully deactivate upon account termination.
- Resolved an issue with AWS-based accounts where a disk resize operation would not communicate properly to backend components.
- Resolved a race condition with the Frame Cloud Connector Appliance (CCA) on AHV that could cause it to fail to create the Frame Workload CCA when attaching an AHV cluster to Frame.
Frame Server v7.9.0¶
- Improvement: Video encoder on non-GPU backed images has been optimized and now requires significantly less CPU than previously.
- Resolved an issue with matching a session’s DPI to the local DPI on non-GPU instances.
- Resolved an issue where a race condition could cause a Domain joined instance to not be aware that it was part of a domain, making it behave incorrectly.
Hotfix (May 16, 2019)¶
- Increased sensitivity when using pressure-sensitive pen input mode.
- Random password generator for Domain Settings improved to meet Windows-specific password criteria.
v2.18.0 (May 7, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.6.1¶
- Improvement: Disk size is now configured with a slider upon account creation.
Frame Gateway v3.8.8¶
- Resolved an issue with AWS-based accounts where Sandboxes could not successfully clone across regions.
v2.15.0 (May 3, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.5.8¶
- New Early Access Feature! Google Cloud Platform now available as a cloud provider.
- Resolved an issue where Enterprise Profiles feature was available on non-domain-joined Azure accounts.
Frame Gateway v3.7.0¶
- Added back-end support for Google Cloud Platform.
v2.14.0 (Apr 25, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.12.0¶
- Resolved an issue where the video decoder could freeze after switching tabs.
- Resolved an issue where the gear menu would sometimes not populate on the status bar when launching a session.
- Resolved an issue where touch input would not register in normal mouse mode on touch devices.
- Resolved an issue where some text would not populate in the dialog box that appeared before session close.
Frame UI v2.5.7¶
- Analytics page in Dashboard now displays total disk volume usage and disk volume usage per day.
- Personal Drives now available to Azure-based accounts.
- Enterprise profiles now available to Azure-based accounts as an Early Access feature.
- Decreased complexity for capacity management of Early Access feature Persistent Desktop. More changes here are likely.
v2.13.0 (Apr 22, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.5.4¶
- Admin console now displays when a customer account is being canceled or is in the process of canceling.
- General UI improvements for the Analytics page in Dashboard.
- Analytics page in Dashboard now allows admins to filter usage hours by instance type.
- Improved messaging when an account admin tries to start a session on Utility or Sandbox instances, but another user already has a session.
- When creating an account, the UI will no longer display a drop down list for cloud accounts if there is only one cloud account to choose from.
- Admins can now disable autogrow settings for volume capacity from the “Volumes” page in Dashboard.
- Improved validation for account creation.
- Improved messaging for billing status of an account on Dashboard and Launchpad interfaces.
- Added the ability to specify, when cloning a Sandbox or Utility server, that it should be joined to the domain configured for the destination account.
- Resolved an issue where, when hovering over an info icon, the info button object name would appear and obstruct the view of the information displayed.
- Resolved an issue where the UI would not accurately reflect on Launchpad when a system was out of capacity.
- Resolved an issue where administrators would get an error when attempting to switch to “Accounts” list in the Admin console.
- Resolved an issue where the most recently visited Launchpad would not appear in the list when navigating Launchpads.
- Resolved an issue where terminated accounts were selectable when assigning roles to users through the “Users” interface.
Frame Gateway v3.6.7¶
- Resolved an issue where servers would sometimes not fully terminate on Frame back end.
- Resolved an issue where users authenticating to a domain were not given proper user permissions.
v2.12.0 (Apr 15, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.5.3¶
- Dashboard now informs customers when and why their cloud service is unavailable.
- Administrators without edit permissions can now see the contents of the “Security” page of a given entity, but cannot edit them.
- Resolved a race condition where a user could try to reconnect to a session too quickly after a disconnect, causing an error.
- Resolved an issue where some admins had permissions to terminate customer entities when they were not supposed to.
- Resolved an issue where the option to “Start Sandbox” was still displayed while the Sandbox was running.
Frame Server 7.7.10¶
- Resolved an issue which could cause excessively long instance starts.
- Resolved an issue where Personal Drives would not attach if the instance was not domain joined.
v2.11.0 (Apr 9, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.11.0¶
- Resolved an issue that could sometimes prevent users from being able to close or disconnect their sessions.
Frame UI v2.5.1¶
- Improved messaging for cloud service account status.
- General UI improvements.
- “Add Account” button is now available to administrators when looking at terminated accounts through “Terminated” filter view.
- Added text compression when pasting text into a Frame session.
New Early Access Feature! We’ve implemented the first stage of Personal Drives, which allows an account administrator to configure automatic per-user persistent storage! To check out the new feature, navigate to the new “Personal drives” tab in the Settings menu of your account Dashboard. Click here to learn more about Early Access Features.
- Resolved an issue where users could not successfully switch sessions between accounts.
Frame Server v7.7.8¶
- Resolved an issue where custom shortcut icons were not used when onboarding applications through terminal.
- Resolved an issue where a server could get stuck upgrading Frame components
- Resolved an issue with domain joined instances where the resolution would not update correctly when the window was resized.
- Resolved an issue which could result in a session not reaching its configured maximum frame rate.
- Resolved an issue where selecting “Ctrl + Alt + Del” from the gear menu in a session would result in a server error.
- Resolved an issue which could cause sessions to display in the top left corner of the browser window on larger displays.
- Resolved an issue with domain joined instances where publishes would hang.
- Resolved an issue with domain joined instances where desktop sessions would launch without taskbar and desktop icons.
v2.10.0 (Mar 30, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.10.8¶
- Resolved an issue with domain joined instances where the session would sometimes display an error when a user attempted to login or disconnect.
Frame UI v2.4.22¶
- Users can now highlight and copy entity names from Breadcrumb list at the top of the account.
- Updated verbiage in Analytics Disk Usage tab to be clearer.
- Resolved an issue where Limited Customer Admins could promote themselves to Customer Admins.
- Resolved an issue where Authorized Nutanix Personnel would sometimes not receive a validation email.
- Resolved an issue which would cause Launchpad selection screen animations to render poorly on screens with 2k+ resolutions.
- Resolved an issue which would cause terminated account Dashboards to still be accessible from the accounts list on the Frame Admin page.
- Resolved an issue where timestamps on the Audit page in Dashboard were set to an incorrect timezone.
Hotfix (Mar 27, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.10.6¶
- Resolved an issue where, if our primary video decode mechanism failed, our secondary fallback decoder could not be initiated. This would result in a gray screen instead of a desktop / app.
- Resolved an issue where our primary video decoder would crash on initialization and fail to recover.
- Resolved an issue where checking the “Do not show again” option on the session disconnect warning would not apply.
Frame UI v2.4.18¶
- Resolved an issue which could cause account creation to fail.
v2.9.0 (Mar 21, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.10.3¶
- Improved keyboard input handling and Unicode support.
- Improved error reporting for Clipboard feature.
Frame UI v2.4.14¶
- “Organizations” search function now includes option to search by URL and Customer name.
- “Customers” search function now includes option to search by URL.
- Customer list can now be sorted by “Created on” date/time.
- Admins can now lock each set of authentication settings for all authentication integrations listed under Security > Authentication at each platform tier by using the “Enforce” toggle.
- Administrators can now select desired datacenters during the Cloud Account creation process.
- Persistent desktop accounts now display the max number of users when applicable.
- Updated favicon for https://frame.nutanix.com/.
- Custom backgrounds can now be made available to all Launchpads within a given account once uploaded by a user.
- Improved validation for Domain Join setup on Frame.
- When adding a SAML2 provider, Frame now notifies the admin if the application ID is not unique to the platform.
- Automated system emails have been changed to allow them to bypass spam filters.
- Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause cloud account creation to become “stuck” during account validation.
- Resolved an issue where admins were unable to save capacity settings from the Dashboard.
- Resolved an issue which prevented admins from being able to successfully deactivate their cloud account.
Frame Gateway v3.2.4¶
- Added field validation for Domain Join form.
- Improved handling of invalid credentials for BYO Azure setup.
Frame Server v7.7.4¶
- Resolved an issue which would sometimes cause Frame Server to crash on Pro 122GB system types.
- Resolved an issue that could cause graphical artifacts in a session.
- Resolved an issue where the “Download Now” and “Uploads” folders were missing from the quick access menu in Windows Server 2016 base images.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent some domain joined sessions from starting.
Hotfix (Mar 12, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.4.11¶
- Resolved an issue that prevented admins from being able to deactivate cloud accounts.
v2.8.7 (Mar 8, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.4.10¶
- Time is displayed with timezone instead of GMT offset time.
- Audit Trail section on the Activity page now displays information in columns which can be sorted.
- New “Filter by Activity” button is available on the Audit Trail section on the Activity page, as well as a search bar.
- Advanced Optimizations under Session Settings are now grayed out when an account is in use.
- “Early Access” indicator UI improvements.
- Resolved an issue where usage analytics were not being displayed correctly.
- Resolved an issue where BYO Cloud account creation could get stuck in the validation phase.
Frame Gateway v2.6.38¶
- Improvement: provisioning of some resources to Azure datacenters when creating an account will now run in parallel, increasing provisioning speed.
- Resolved an issue which could cause a failed Publish to become “stuck.”
v2.8.0 (Feb 28, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.8.2¶
- Improvement: Changed clipboard sync method to improve reliability when copying or pasting large amounts of text.
Frame UI v2.4.4¶
New Early Access Feature! Persistent Desktops.
Early Access (EA) features now marked with a badge.
Status page in Dashboard now displays “In Session” when a server is in use.
Admins can now search by URL slug and customer name on the Admin page.
Clicking on a customer or organization entity in the Admin page now displays the list of associated sub entities.
Admin UI Improvements:
- Clicking on a customer/organization entity title now displays sub entities.
- Clicking on an account entity title takes the admin to the account Dashboard.
- New “Edit” button takes the user to the current account/organization/customer properties page.
- Removed “View accounts”, “View organizations”, “Go to Dashboard” buttons and replaced with “Edit” button listed above.
- Added additional filters to Accounts lists.
- Publish button is now separate from “Power On” button on the Sandbox/Utility Server console in Dashboard.
- Sandbox now displays a message indicating when it is in the middle of a publish.
If a cloud provider cannot be removed because Frame accounts still exist that use this cloud provider, those accounts are now listed when an admin attempts to deactivate that cloud provider.
Improved messaging for SAML2 setup process.
Added easy-access links to Frame support and product documentation to Admin and Dashboard interfaces.
- Resolved an issue which prevented admins from reusing account names after the account was retired.
- Resolved an issue with SAML2 authentication where sometimes the “Always allow access” option was not working.
- Resolved an issue where capacity values could be displayed with old data.
Frame Gateway v2.6.33¶
- Improvement: Associated accounts must be retired before any cloud service accounts can be deactivated on the platform to prevent unintentional vendor issues.
- Resolved an issue on Azure which could result in instances being stuck in maintenance.
- Resolved an issue on Azure where sessions would fail to close during system backup.
- Resolved a rare race condition during instance start that could cause it to get stuck when processing server upgrades.
Frame Server v7.5.14¶
- Improvement: Improved pen input functionality.
v2.7.1 (Feb 21, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.8.1¶
- Improvement: Increased maximum bitrate to 32MBps for high-bandwidth networks.
Frame UI v2.4.0¶
- Resolved an issue where account creation would fail if data was entered into both Custom VPC and Private VPC fields.
- Resolved an issue which caused Utility Servers to remain visible in the UI after being terminated.
- Resolved an issue that could cause excessive page updates.
- Improvement: Friendlier URLs.
Frame Gateway v2.6.22¶
- Resolved a race condition on account creation which could cause a sandbox to never become available.
- Resolved an issue when publishing an account that is joined to a domain which could cause production instances to fail to join the domain correctly.
- Resolved an issue which could cause the maximum, minimum, and buffer on the “Capacity” section of the Dashboard to be incorrectly reported.
- Resolved a rare condition where, if an instance is rebooted prior to obtaining an IP, it fails to be registered to DNS on next boot.
v2.7.0 (Feb 14, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.8.0¶
- Resolved an issue which would prevent a session from closing properly when clipboard sync was disabled.
Frame UI v2.3.7¶
- Improvement: Removed unsupported options from the UI when an account is using Linux.
- Resolved an issue where SAML rules would remain on an account after a SAML provider was deleted.
- Resolved an issue which prevented security settings on the “Authentication” tab in Dashboard from saving properly.
- Resolved an issue where scheduled capacity settings were not following the time zone set for the account.
Frame Server 7.5.10¶
- Resolved an issue which could cause a session to fail to close properly in a reasonable timeframe.
v2.6.6 (Feb 8, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.3.5¶
- Improvement: Admins can now set advanced protocol optimizations for individual Launchpads, Sandboxes, and Utility Servers.
- Improvement: Users can now create app folders in their Quick Launch Launchpad.
- Resolved an issue which allowed users to set capacity limits to impossible values.
- Resolved an issue which would prevent account name changes from registering system-wide.
- Resolved a communication issue between Frame components which would cause the minimum number of instances to display incorrectly.
- Resolved an issue which caused SAML rules to remain after deleting the associated SAML provider from the Frame Platform.
- Resolved a verification issue which prevented the system from registering BYO AWS Account IDs correctly.
- Resolved an issue where account/organization/customer names would not properly sort by URL.
Frame Gateway 2.6.4¶
- Reolved a possible authentication issue if the enduser was accessing the login page from a bookmark.
Frame Server 7.5.6¶
Note: Frame Server 7.5.6 was deployed 2/7/19
- Improvement: Optimization of Frame Server CPU usage when hosting CPU-intensive applications.
- Improvement: Better buffer management when a session is streaming using h.264.
- Improvement: Improved error handling for instance boot process.
- Improvement: Improved error handling.
- Resolved an issue which could cause two cursors to appear when session scaling was above 100%.
v2.6.5 (Feb 1, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.7.0¶
- New Feature! Advanced protocol optimizations allows Frame admins to set optimizations that override session settings when specified conditions are met.
- Resolved an issue that could cause streaming to appear to freeze in some sessions.
- Resolved a UI issue which could occur when long-pressing keys on MacOS.
- Resolved an issue where modal dialogs would sometimes overlap.
Frame UI v2.3.2¶
- New Feature! “Quick Launch” allows users to create their own custom Launchpads.
- Improvement: Utility Servers now display internal IP on Dashboard.
- Resolved an issue which was preventing columns in the Admin page from sorting alphabetically.
- Resolved an issue that could occur if an account admin tried to update account information with an invalid URL.
- Resolved an issue where, when granting support access to Nutanix staff, emails were case-sensitive.
- Resolved an issue where, when viewing retired accounts, the “Active” button still appeared to be selected.
v2.6.4 (Jan 24, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.2.0¶
- General UI Improvements.
- Sandbox menu no longer displays while the Sandbox is in maintenance.
- Resolved an issue which would sometimes cause the system to retain more Sandbox/Utility Server backups than specified.
- Resolved an issue where a user could reset their account password before setting it, causing the account to be in an unusable state.
v2.6.3 (Jan 17, 2019)¶
Frame Terminal v2.6.0¶
- Terminal sessions now launch with compatible resolution for the end user’s monitor.
Frame UI v2.1.53¶
- Improvement: General tooltip improvements for most self-service components.
- General UI improvements.
- Resolved an issue with Launchpad application icons which could cause folders to duplicate.
- Resolved rendering issues that were specific to Internet Explorer 11.
Frame Gateway v2.5.3¶
- Improvement: Increased support for some UNICODE characters in account names.
Frame Server v7.3.24¶
- Improvement: Improved handling of variable framerate output with Linux systems.
- Support for GPU-based encoding on Linux systems.
- Resolved an issue that would sometimes cause framerates to drop when viewing dynamic video content.
- Resolved an issue where audio artifacts (“clicking”) could be heard with some types of content.
- Resolved an issue which could cause sound to stop working if a session disconnected and was reconnected.
- Resolved an issue where sound was one frame out of sync with video when playing MP4 content.
- Resolved an issue which would prevent the on-screen keyboard from properly displaying in Windows Server 2016 instances.
- Resolved an issue on Linux which would sometimes cause right click to not register correctly.
v2.6.2 (Jan 10, 2019)¶
Frame UI v2.1.50¶
- Admins can now authorize access to Microsoft OneDrive for Business from Dashboard.
- Admins can now upload custom background images for their Launchpads.
Frame Gateway v2.4.10¶
- Resolved an issue which prevented the system from properly identifying deleted backups.
- Resolved an issue which prevented publishes from rolling back successfully on Azure.